Legendary broadcaster and radio host Mohammed Juma Njuguna is dead. Mohammed passed on Saturday morning after a long illness at a Nairobi hospital.
- Mohammed Juma Njuguna was a football commentator with over 40 years experience in the broadcasting industry.His sterling career which dates back to the early 70s saw him mature in broadcasting from a qualified radio presenter, TV producer, newscaster and a soccer commentator.He started his career with the then Voice of Kenya (VOK), now Kenya Broadcasting Corporation, (KBC), in 1970 as a radio producer before becoming a news editor.
- Mohammed Juma Njuguna Joined Royal Media Services in 1999 from KBC where he served as a sports journalist. Mohammed was the pioneer of the English Premier League commentary in Kenya with over 40 years of experience in the industry.
- He was awarded with a Head of State Commendation by retired President Mwai Kibaki on March 10, 2010 for his illustrious career in media.
- His character saw him make friends in high places among them retired presidents Daniel arap Moi, Mwai Kibaki and current Head of State President Uhuru Kenyatta as well as opposition chief Raila Odinga.
- Veteran sports commentator Njuguna died on Saturday after a long battle with illness at the Nairobi Hospital.
- He was buried at Kariokor Muslim Cemetery at 4pm on Saturday June 5, 2019.