Safaricom on Thursday rolled out all its M-PESA services on the *334# menu. M-PESA on *334# targeting non-smartphone users.
The new menu makes it easier to send money to the correct recipient by displaying the receiver’s name and only advancing once the customer confirms the transaction.
To use the service, customers will:
- Dial *334# upon which they will be presented with a choice of the different M-PESA services including “Send Money”, “Loans and Savings” or “Lipa Na M-PESA”.
- As with other USSD menus, customers will key in the number selecting the service such as “5” for Lipa Na M-PESA.
Within the Lipa Na M-PESA menu, customers can:
- Directly select PayBill and Till Numbers for Banks, Government and County Government Services, and Transport services including the SGR and long-distance buses.
- Once a customer selects any of the options, they will be presented with a list of services they can then pay through Lipa Na M-PESA.
- Customers can also use the Lipa Na M-PESA option to pay to personal numbers for select businesses.
Other options now available on M-PESA on *334# include M-PESA Global which empowers customers to send and receive money across the world.
You may also like....
Chocha Writer is our roving and much read resident writer. He will write on several topics. Contact him on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0772 808 931